FAQ – Water, Fire, Mold, Sewage, Restoration
Common Restoration FAQ
These are the most common FAQ’s we get! Learn more about water, fire, mold and sewage! United Water Restoration Group of Colorado Springs are your local restoration experts! Serving Colorado Springs and surrounding areas!
What Do You Do If You Have Mold In Your House?
- Mold is more than just something that is very harmful to you and your family, it can also weaken your walls, ceilings and floor. If you believe you have mold, contact UWRG of Colorado Springs to get a free visual assessment of a mold test.
Can You Stay In A House With Black Mold?
The safest option is for you to leave the property during the duration of the project. Many mold removal and remediation companies will recommend that you leave the property, especially if multiple rooms and hallways are affected.
WATER DAMAGE FAQ
How Do You Know If You Have Water Damage?
- The most common water damage signs are dark spots, water stains or peeling paint. Walk through your home and look for the signs of water damage. If you see dark spots or stains, touch the spot to see if it’s wet. If the surface is damp or spongy, the odds are there is a water problem.
How Long Does It Take For Water Damage To Show?
- Water Damage can become visible within 48 hours up through 7 days. The doors, windows, and wood flooring may swell and warp, and metal may begin to rust and corrode.
What Happens When Water Gets In Your Wall?
- Excess water and moisture gets absorbed in wood, drywall, insulation, and wallpaper which can lead to warping, stains, bubbling, and deterioration. Hidden water leaks can also cause mold to grow and spread in areas behind walls and ceilings where it is not easily seen.
- Can The Smell Of Smoke Be Removed?
- Yes it can! Once we have removed all soot from the walls, carpets, furniture, and any other damaged contents of your property or business, our certified restoration team deodorizes your home or business to permanently remove the smell of smoke.
When Should You Call For Water Restoration Services?
- After a major storm, whether you are left to deal with the after-effects of flooding or a particularly nasty storm, calling your restoration company as soon as possible is important.
Why Do You Need A Restoration Company VS Just Calling A Plumber?
- When dealing with water damage, there are different levels. A small, easily-fixed leak under you faucet certainly doesn’t require extensive attention, but if that leak gets out of control and results in serious flooding or the growth of mold, then you’ll need to take a step beyond just hiring a plumber.
- Plumbers are able to handle many problems with your pipes, faucets, sewer lines, toilets, and more, but their abilities only go so far when it comes to emergency situations. If you’re looking for precision and efficiency on a larger scale, you’ll need to contact a restoration company prepared for the situation.
Should An Insurance Adjuster Visit Before Calling A Restoration Company?
- After your home or business suffers any type of damage, you should contact your insurance company if you plan to make a claim. Arranging for an inspection by a mitigation and restoration service should be the next step you take. Days may pass before an insurance adjuster arrives on-site to assess the damage.
Do I Have To Use The Restoration Company My Insurance Refers?
- This is one of the most common restoration FAQs we hear. The answer is no! It is your choice which restoration company you use. Even if it is implied by your insurance adjuster, you get final say which company you want to restore your property to pre-damage state.
Have a question that is not on our FAQ page? Give us a call! We would love to answer any questions you may have – 719.418.2271