COLORADO HAIL SEASON IS HERE – Tips & How To Prepare For Hail
The Colorado hail season is typically April 15 to September 15. Colorado hail storms occur most frequently in June and are most likely to be destructive in mid June.
Colorado Springs is one of the most hail-prone cities in the United States and residents throughout the Front Range are preparing for the upcoming inevitable hail season.
- Protect your windows by taping up cardboard boxes inside your home on the window.
- Of course this may not protect your glass from breaking but it can protect the inside of your home. If your window breaks, the glass won’t shatter inside.
- Secure outdoor furniture
- Most outdoor furniture is made with glass, some type of canopy with thin fabric, etc. Secure your furniture by taking it down/bringing it inside.
- Inspect your roof regularly for broken or damaged areas
- Even small dents can lead to expensive problems. Your roof protects your homes valuables and even with the smallest amount of damage can lead to bigger problems down the road.
Hail Season Tips For Your Car:
- Sign up for weather alerts
- Be prepared for the weather before it hits and its too late to protect your car.
- If you cannot keep your car in a garage or any type of roof covering, cover your car with cardboard boxes, blankets, car floor mats or hail covers
If you need a restoration company due to the hail season causing hail/water damage, United Water Restoration Group is here for you! For a free visual assessment, give us a call at 719.418.2271